Blackwater is Altan's fifth studio album, released in 1996 on the Virgin Records label.
Three of the songs are sung in Irish. Ar Bhruach Na Carraige Baine is sung partly in English and in Irish. Blackwaterside is sung in English. The final tune is a tribute to Frankie Kennedy written by Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh.
- Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh, fiddle, vocals
- Ciaran Tourish, fiddle, whistle, backing vocals
- Dermot Byrne, accordion, single row melodeon
- Ciarán Curran, bouzouki, guitar-bouzouki
- Mark Kelly, guitar, backing vocals
- Dáithí Sproule, guitar, vocals.
- With: Máire Bhreathnach, Annette Cleary, Steve Cooney, Conan Doyle, Jimmy Higgins, David James, Tommy Kane, Dónal Lunny, Maighréad Ní Dhomhnaill, Tríona Ní Dhomhnaill, Anna Ní Mhaonaigh, Brendan Power
- Brian Masterson – Producer, Engineer
- David Scheinmann – Photography
- The Design Corporation – Design
- Johnny Boyle's/King of the Pipers (Jigs)
- Dark Haired Lass/Biddy from Muckcross/Sean Maguire's (Reels)
- 'Stór, a Stór, a Ghrá (Song)
- Strathspey/Con McGinley's/The Newfoundland Reel (Strathspey & Reels)
- Tá Mé 'Mo Shuí (Song)
- An Gasúr Mór/Bunker Hill/Dogs Among the Bushes (Hornpipe & Reels)
- Molly na gCuach Ní Chuilleanáin (Song)
- Jenny Picking Cockles/Farewell to Leitrim/John Doherty's (Reels)
- Ar Bhruach na Carraige Báine (Song)
- The Dance of the Honeybees (Hornpipe)
- Blackwaterside (Song)
- A Tune for Frankie (Jig)